E-learning is one of the most effective ways to engage learners today. Busier schedules and mobile lifestyles are driving the trend towards flexible and bite-sized learning. And in the move towards greater efficiency, more companies are now adopting this method in their learning programs. But an e-learning solution alone is not enough to ensure the success of a development program. Equally important is the method of teaching.
Animation has proven to be highly successful in conveying varying forms of information. Its versatile format makes it ideal for communicating both concrete and abstract ideas. Young or old, anyone can relate to its visual style. And that’s not all, there are more reasons why you should consider animation as part of your e-learning solution:
- Animation simplifies complex information. It does this through visual representation and storytelling. Stories do two important things. One, they break information into cause and effect. Two, they trigger our emotions. Both of these make information easier to grasp and remember. By making us feel personally connected to the characters and situations, stories also encourage our involvement in the content.To understand just how much easier it is to process visual information, look at the caveman example. Which one are you more likely to remember?
- We are visually wired. Vision is undoubtedly our most dominant sense, taking up half the brain’s resources. Around 90% of all information transmitted to the brain is visual and we process visual information 60,000 times faster than text (DreamGrow). It’s no surprise then that 65% of us are visual learners (DreamGrow) and that we retain 95% of information communicated through video, compared to only 10% through reading (Campaign Monitor). Want to create an effective content strategy? Use video!
- It stimulates our senses. Animation breathes life into content. Transforming static content into multi-sensory experiences through movement, colors, shapes and sounds. This does more than capture attention. It makes learning entertaining and engaging for the viewer. And we all know, when something is entertaining, we are more willing to spend time and effort on it.
- Animation is great for interactive content. Animation software gives users the flexibility to edit, post-produce or add interactive elements into their videos whenever they want. This makes it an attractive choice for creating educational content. Whereas editing takes more time, effort and money in live action video, anything can easily be added or omitted in animation software.
- Animation is cost-effective. Once again, live action demands a lot of time, effort and money. Animation, on the other hand, only requires good software. With animation you eliminate the need for props, sets, casting talents, equipment and scheduling times. This leaves more time for you to focus on creating great content. And at the end of the day, this is what truly matters.
With Plotagon Studio you can create animated videos in minutes. Simply write a dialogue and watch your text become a video in a few clicks. This award-winning interface makes it easy to design characters and choose a location – picking from over 200 scenes. By adding interactions, expressions, sounds, music and voiceovers, you can bring your content to life in a way no text or image would allow.
For only $499 a year, you can create an unlimited number of animated videos to share, educate and engage your coworkers around the world.