1. Download the Plotagon Education application for your device. Plotagon Education is available for Mac, Windows, iOS, and Android, including Android-enabled Chromebooks. (See if your Chromebook is Android-compatible.)
2. If you are on Mac or Windows, install the application by double-clicking on the installer file.
3. Log in with the username and password that your teacher gave you, or use your Google Education or Microsoft Education login if your teacher instructs you to do so.
4. Start making movies!
Getting Started with Plotagon
The user experience of creating with Plotagon is centered around writing. This allows anyone, regardless of background knowledge, to create an animated movie instantly.
Create your actors
Clicking the Characters tab and selecting + Create new character. Choose face, hair, eye color, accessories, clothes, etc. When you are done, give your character a name and exit back to your Characters window. Your character is automatically saved, and you can return and change your character anytime.
If you want to create different versions of the same character (with different hairstyles or clothes, for example), simply press the … icon and select Copy Character. When you are done, name your character and press the back arrow to automatically save.
Set the scene
Once you have your characters, it is time to set the scene for your movie. On the Plots tab, click + Create new plot. Each Plotagon movie begins with a blank page. Click Scene, and then click Location to select a scene where your movie will start.
After you have chosen your scene, you can add either one or two characters by clicking the Character link and placing the character you selected in the scene. Your scene is now set and you can begin writing your story.
Direct your actors
The next step is to tell your story. Click Dialogue, select the character that is talking, and write the character’s dialogue. To give the character an emotion (happy, angry, afraid, etc.) or expression (looking around, hands up, nail biting, etc.) then click on (neutral) and select the emotion from the list of options. The character will act out the emotion you have selected while speaking the text. If you want the character to act out the emotion without speaking, delete the text in the dialogue field.
Continue adding dialogue, new scenes, and new characters to tell the story you want. You can also add other touches, such as Sound effects, Actions (if the characters are close enough), or Music that will play throughout a scene.
Record your own voice
Plotagon’s built-in computer voice will automatically speak whatever dialogue you write in English. But you can also add your own voice. To do this, simply click the microphone icon next to the dialogue and select Record new voice to use your microphone.
The app will record a voice clip as long as the text you wrote. (Wherever there is recorded dialogue, the microphone icon turns yellow.) With this function, you can record dialogue in any language, and the characters lips will sync to whatever dialogue you record. If you change your mind, you can click the microphone icon again and replace the audio.
Common Application and Login Problems:
- Check your Internet connection.
- Log out of the application and then log back in.
- Restart the Plotagon application.
- Restart your computer or device.
- If you are using Plotagon Education or Plotagon Studio, check the expiration date of your subscription.
- Make sure you are using the latest version of Plotagon Education.
- If you have forgotten your password, ask your teacher to reset it for you. Otherwise, if you are in a Google Education or Microsoft Education school, then you can log in with your regular login.